COVID-19 Vaccinations for over 65 years in Auckland - Information for patients
Covid-19 vaccine invitations to be issued to all over 65 years of age in Auckland region
- Aucklanders aged 65 and over will receive an invitation to book their COVID-19 vaccination within this week as Group 3 continues to roll out across the Auckland metro region. The vaccine is available to all in New Zealand for free.
- The invitation will be sent by text or email from NMF immunisation bookings by this Friday, 18 June.
- The invitations are issued automatically by text or email, so people don’t need to do anything until they receive their invitation.
- The remaining invitations to Group 3, including people who have underlying health conditions, will be issued in a phased approach over the next month.
- If you need additional help with your booking, please call 0800 28 29 26.
- A number of General Practices are now providing vaccinations. If you belong to a GP clinic that is also offering COVID-19 vaccinations, you may also receive an invitation from them too. In this case, you can choose whether to be vaccinated at the General Practice or at one of the main vaccination centres.
- Watch short community videos to support the messaging for over 65’s to be vaccinated here
- For latest COVID-19 updates from Northern Region Health Coordination Centre (NRHCC) see here
- Information and translated resources are available at immunisation.northernregion.health.nz or covid19.govt.nz
COVID-19 Vaccination Update
COVID-19 vaccine videos: health professionals share some basic information around the COVID-19 vaccination in the following languages:
(Please share these videos with your respective community members, groups and stakeholders).
COVID-19 vaccine rollout plan and information sheets available here (English).
Translated information on the COVID-19 Vaccination rollout and information sheet is available in a number of languages. Please see here
The MOH have published two COVID-19 vaccination documents as public facing information – Frequently Asked Questions and What to Expect. See attachments.
GPNZ Health System Review Response
Auckland City Mission needs your help
The Auckland City Mission is asking for help to fulfill their food parcels for those in need.
It’s now launching an emergency food drive and asking the public to bring in what they can, with non-perishable food items, including canned meat and fish, at the top of the list.
City Missioner Chris Farrelly said there are a few ways people can donate including dropping off at the City Mission or contacting them to pick up.
For more information head to www.aucklandcitymission.org.nz
Any donations are much appreciated, and top of the list are non-perishable foods.